Business Visit Visa
As of 30 June 2015, the Academy of Law will be offering Business Visit Visa services for lawyers with rights of audience that reside outside of the UAE and travel to Dubai to appear before the DIFC Courts.
Business Visit Visa Information
Business Visit Visa for overseas lawyers
Duration of Visa
30 days, 60 days or 90 days subject to the Category (see below).
This service provides overseas lawyers with a business visit visa for 30, 60 or 90 days to enable them to travel to Dubai and appear before the DIFC Courts.
Applicants must have rights of audience before the DIFC Courts by being registered in Part II of the Academy of Law Register of Practitioners.
Applicants must provide proof and confirmation that their visit is for a specific hearing confirmed as listed by the DIFC Courts.
Applicants must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of their application.
- The applicant’s home address and the place in the UAE that the applicant will stay on his/her visit with telephone numbers
- A clear photocopy of the personal details page of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned colour passport sized photograph of the applicant. All personal photos scanned with applications should be original, colour photographs with a white background (size: 3.5cm x 4cm)
- A copy of a valid professional indemnity insurance policy
- statement describing the hearing for which the applicant is scheduled to appear
Kindly note that the above listed requirements are the standard requirements for the visa application and DIFC Immigration reserves the right to ask for others.
The application should be submitted with all the above full set of documents. Applications submitted with missing documents will not be accepted.
All information provided on applications will be treated with confidentiality.
Applicants are requested to ensure that they provide accurate information on all applications to avoid any delay. The Academy of Law will not be responsible for any errors on Immigration documents due to the provision of inaccurate information.
Once a business visit visa permit is issued in the name of an applicant, he/she must enter the country within 60 calendar days from the date of issue.
The business visit visa is not renewable.
1. Citizens of the following countries are entitled to an on-arrival visit visa upon entry to the UAE:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
2. Upon arrival, the applicant must liaise with the Academy of Law for the work permit to be processed and must, at that point, provide the Academy of Law with a copy of their entry visa into Dubai.
- Applicants who cannot obtain an on-arrival visa must contact the Academy of Law to issue the online business visit visa, which will be automatically deposited at Dubai International Airport.
- The Academy of Law will email the soft copy of business visit visa to the applicant. The applicant should print and carry the hard copy at the time of arrival in Dubai.
- In order to apply for a new business visit visa, a period of at least one month should have passed since the applicant last exited Dubai.
|Service||Turnaround time||Fees (US$)|
|Work Permit (30 days and 60 days)||2 day turnaround||$550|
|Work Permit (30 days and 60 days)||Same day turnaround||$800|
|Service||Turnaround time||Fees (US$)|
|Business Visit Visa (30 days)||4 day turnaround||$1,400|
|Business Visit Visa (30 days)||2 day turnaround||$1,600|
|Business Visit Visa (90 days)||4 day turnaround||$1,600|
|Business Visit Visa (90 days)||2 day turnaround||$1,900|
Please note that the fee equivalents in UAE Dirhams will be calculated at the conversion rate of US$1:AED3.675.
All fees will be collected prior to processing. The visa will only be processed once payment is confirmed as received.
Payments are accepted in cash, cheque or wire transfer. Cheques are to be made payable to ‘DIFC – DRA Academy‘.
For wire transfer please find below details:
Bank Name : Dubai Islamic Bank
Branch Address : Main Branch, Al Shola Building, PO Box 1080, Dubai, UAE
Account Title : Government of Dubai – Dispute Resolution Authority – DIFC – DRA Academy – Income ACC
Account Number : 001520069886603IBAN : AE330240001520069886603
SWIFT : DUIBAEADXXX
Please note when making payments through wire transfer, please send wire transfer confirmation by email to Nilofer Dsouza.
Phone: +971 4 427 3352
Please use the above email address to submit your form.